California avocado growers have funded generic advertising and promotion programs since the 1961/62 marketing year. Since that time, the growers’ support of these programs has grown to millions of dollars. In the interests of transparency, the California Avocado Commission conducts assessment reports that measure the economic impact of the Commission’s advertising and promotion programs.
- Track avocado consumption and pricing data
- Examine the effect of promotional expenditures on consumer demand
- Summarize grower benefit-cost ratios
- Review CAC’s regional promotion programs by medium
- Detail CAC expenditures by marketing area