To represent the interests of California avocado growers and demonstrate the relevance and impact of the California avocado industry in the broader sphere, the California Avocado Commission conducts a variety of avocado industry impact reports. To better understand the challenges growers face, the Commission also has conducted a state-of-the-industry report based on a state-wide member survey.
On the marketing front, the Commission conducts assessment reports that measure the economic impact of the Commission’s advertising and promotion programs. These reports:
- Track avocado consumption and pricing data
- Examine the effect of promotional expenditures on consumer demand
- Summarize grower benefit-cost ratios
- Review CAC’s regional promotion programs by medium
- Detail CAC expenditures by marketing area
Economic Impacts of California Avocado Commission Advertising and Promotion Programs, 2013 - 17
Economic Impacts of California Avocado Commission Advertising and Promotion Programs, 2013
An Economic Evaluation of California Avocado Industry Marketing Programs, 1961-1995
In August 2020, the Commission retained the Tootelian Company to conduct an assessment of the economic impact California avocado growers and handlers have across the state and within avocado-producing counties. To learn more about how California avocado growers positively impact communities across the state, click on one of the links below.
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers and Handlers in the State of California
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in San Diego County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in Riverside County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in Ventura County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in Santa Barbara County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in San Luis Obispo County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in Monterey County
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in the Combination of Orange, San Bernardino and Los Angeles Counties
- The Economic Impact of Avocado Growers in the Combination Tulare, Fresno and Kern Counties
Nonmarket Benefits of California Avocado Groves
ERA Economics has completed a new reported commissioned by CAC that examines the wide range of benefits California avocado production provides regional economies beyond standard measures of economic activity.
California Avocado Commission State-of-the-Industry Survey
To provide the California Avocado Commission and the growers it serves with a better perspective on the health of the California avocado industry, CAC retained the Tootelian Company to conduct a member survey. The survey was sent to all CAC members in August 2021. The 77-page report includes detailed findings concerning:
- Farm acreage
- Pounds harvested and crop values by district and acreage
- Overall farm income, expenses and net margin
- Farm income, expenses and net margin by district and acreage
- Water sources
- Overall irrigation costs
- Irrigation costs by water source, district and acreage
- Perceived threats to future profitability
The CAC State-of-the-Industry Survey: Summary Report of Findings is now available.