San Luis Obispo CAS Avocado Workshop to be Held in the Field
California avocado growers are invited to attend a free California Avocado Society workshop in the field at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo on August 2 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Participants will rotate between stations at two field sites and learn from experts. The event will take place at the Crops Unit located on Highland Drive in San Luis Obispo.
The seminar will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Organic certification — Matt Grieshop, Organics Director, Grimm Family Center for Organic Production Research Cal Poly
- Irrigation/fertilizer injectors — Johnny Rosecrans, Orchard Manager, Cal Poly
- Pruning — Blake Petrucci, Regional Farm Manager and Grower Relations, Mission Produce
- IPM/pests — Brett Chandler, President/General Manager, Associates Insectary
- Healthy soils — Charlotte Decock, Soil Scientists Cal Poly
- UCR advanced rootstock selection trial at Cal Poly — Lauren Garner, Plant Scientist, Cal Poly
Registration for the free seminar is available online. The deadline to register is July 31.
The workshop is sponsored by CAS, the California Avocado Commission and the UC Cooperative Extension.