In-person Produce Safety Training Sessions Available
An in-person produce safety training session, required by the Food Safety Modernization Act, will be hosted on June 8 from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the San Diego County Farm Bureau office. The office is located at 420 South Broadway, Escondido, CA.
The session will cover:
- Good Agricultural Practices
- FSMA Produce Safety Rule requirements
- How to develop a farm food safety plan
Attendees also will receive the following resources:
- A decision tree to help farmers determine how/if a regulation applies to their operation
- Records templates
- A calculation tool to determined qualified exemptions
- A list of allowable water treatment compounds
- Water analysis calculation tools
The fee for the course is $35 and includes course materials, coffee, lunch and an Association of Food and Drug Officials certification.