Hass Avocado Board Accepting Annual Board Nominations
The Hass Avocado Board, which will mark its 20th anniversary this year, is seeking individuals passionate about the avocado industry to serve on the HAB board. The board, which consists of 12 members, has a long history of promoting the consumption of Hass avocados is the U.S. and has helped increase avocado consumption by 278% since 2000.
The term for new HAB board members will begin November 1, 2022, with members and alternates officially seated December 6, 2022 at the HAB board meeting. The HAB board directs HAB’s promotion, research and information programs under the supervision of the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
Below is the schedule and process for nominating and electing members to the HAB board.
- March 1 — Eligible Hass avocado producers and importers are mailed an announcement concerning open seats on the HAB board.
- March 30 — Deadline for receipt of nomination forms.
- April 29 — Ballots mailed to producers and importers.
- May 23 — Deadline for receipt of ballots.
- May 30 — Nomination results, from Davis Farr LLP, are announced by the board with two nominees for each position in industry preference provided for consideration to the USDA Secretary of Agriculture for appointment.