HAB Seeks Applicants for the Hass Avocado Industry Board Leadership Program
In 2021 the Hass Avocado Board launched the Hass Avocado Industry Board Leadership Program (BOLD) to develop emerging leaders interested in addressing the opportunities and challenges facing the Hass avocado industry. BOLD is designed to help participants improve profitability, increase the effectiveness of the industry and become board-ready candidates for HAB, the California Avocado Commission and importer associations.
BOLD participants take part in classes taught by industry and academic professionals, and are paired with an industry mentor to develop an increased understanding of:
- Essential skills, knowledge and relationships necessary to become an industry leader
- Board member responsibilities
- Avocado research and marketing functions
- Finance and fiduciary responsibilities
- Board structure, membership, regulation and governance
BOLD participant commitments include:
- Participation from March 2022 – March 2023
- Attendance at 5-6 avocado association Board meetings, including module training sessions (meetings might be held virtually)
- Potential trip to Washington, D.C. for USDA visit
- Two-day academic training at UC Davis in June (may be virtual)
- Participation in year-long mentorship program
To qualify for BOLD, applicants must be eligible to sit on an industry board and have the approval of their company/employer to participate. Applications are being accepted through January 31. Candidates will be accepted in late March, with training beginning April 1.