Dates Set for World Avocado Congress 2023
Every four years, members of the global avocado community gather at the World Avocado Congress to network with and learn from avocado experts from around the world. The 2023 World Avocado Congress will take place from April 1 – April 5, 2023 in Auckland City, New Zealand.
The theme for the event is “Respectful” — with a focus on global sustainability requirements that respect people, the environment and economic sustainability. The event will feature keynote speakers, plenary sessions and three breakout sessions focused on innovations that strengthen avocados’ green credentials.
At this time, the schedule is as follows.
- April 1: optional field day (to be confirmed)
- April 2: field day at Tapora and South Auckland, with a 5:00 p.m. Official Opening Ceremony
- April 3 – April 5: three days of academic sessions focused on:
- Production and productivity
- Breeding and genomics
- Pests and diseases
- Post-harvest supply chain
- Nutrition in human health
- Country reports
For complete information about WAC 2023, visit the event website. It contains important information including:
- Details concerning entry into New Zealand, including vaccination requirements and visas
- Auckland Airport and airline information, as well national biosecurity information for those arriving at the airport
- Transport from the Auckland airport
- Specifics concerning the venue — The Aotea Centre
- WAC 2023 program
- Online registration
- Key dates
Registration opened June 1, 2022. Early bird registration lasts through July 18, 2022. Those interested in submitting abstracts can do so from June 16, 2022 – October 10, 2022.