Produce Safety Training Available in San Diego County
Members of the California avocado industry in need of obtaining produce safety training required by the federal Food Safety Modernization act can obtain low-cost training courtesy of the Food Safety Training Partnership. The fee for the produce safety training sessions is $35 and includes course materials and a certificate.
The produce safety training session will cover the following content:
- Introduction to produce safety
- Worker health, hygiene and training
- Soil amendments
- Wildlife, domesticated animals and land use
- Agricultural water
- Postharvest handling and sanitation
- How to develop a farm food safety plan
Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in discussions.
The produce safety training session will be held as follows:
January 18, 2023 — Escondido
San Diego County Farm Bureau
420 S. Broadway
Escondido, CA 92025