The UC Cooperative Extension is hosting an in-person Organic Agriculture Workshop designed for growers, CCAs, PCAs and other agricultural professionals interested in organic agriculture.
The workshop will discuss the specifics of organic production as related to avocados, citrus and berries. The sessions will include group instruction followed by discussion and questions. Presentation topics of interest to California avocado growers include the following:
- Overviews of organic production in San Diego County and California
- Lessons from the field (organic growers panel discussion)
- Nitrogen management
- Weed control alternatives
- Updates on organic regulatory issues
- Insect pest management options
- Water and irrigation efficiency
- Mulching and compost effects on good soil quality and health
Registration is required for this event and registration is limited to 60 persons. Early registration (November 17 – November 27) is $60 per person. Late registration (November 28 – December 5) is $75 per person. For additional information, contact Jan Gonzales at firstname.lastname@example.org.