Members of the California avocado industry in need of satisfying the Food Safety Modernization Act Produce Safety Rule requirement are encouraged to attend the Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training Course. The in-person session will provide plenty of time for questions and discussion and attendees are encouraged to share their experiences.
The topics include the following:
- Introduction to produce safety
- Worker health, hygiene and training
- Soil amendments
- Wildlife, domesticated animals and land use
- Agricultural water — product and postharvest
- Postharvest handling and sanitation
- Farm food safety plan development
Interested participants can register online. The registration fee is $20 for those who register by February 13 and $30 for those who register after that date up until February 21. The fee includes a completion certificate, a PSA Grower Manual, lunch and refreshments.
7:30am - 5:00pm
San Diego County Farm Bureau, 420 South BroadwayEscondido, CA