The Food Safety Alliance, in partnership with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, is hosting a series of Produce Safety training sessions at a discounted rate of $35 per attendee. The US Food and Drug Association (FDA) Produce Safety rule requires that at least one supervisor or responsible party must have successfully completed food safety training recognized as adequate by the FDA. These courses will satisfy that requirement.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to produce safety
- Worker health, hygiene and training
- Soil amendments
- Wildlife, domesticated animals and land use
- Agricultural water
- Poster harvest handling and sanitation
- Developing a farm food safety plan
The $35 fee includes course materials, coffee, lunch and a certificate. Online registration is available.