The Farm Employers Labor Service is offering a full-day training session that meets the required U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Produce Safety training for growers. The trainers will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to produce safety
- Worker health, hygiene and training
- Soil amendments
- Wildlife, domesticated animals and land use
- Agricultural water — production and postharvest water
- Postharvest handling and sanitation
- How to develop a farm food safety plan
The cost for the training session is $35 and includes course materials, coffee, lunch and an official certificate from the Association of Food and Drug Officials. Interested parties can register online.
For more information, send an email to: email@example.com.