Year-end Marketing Report Showcases Highlights of the 2017-18 California Avocado Season
At the November California Avocado Commission (CAC) board meeting, CAC’s marketing team provided information on the 2017-18 season in a year-end Dashboard report. The report showcased key performance indicator (KPI) results that confirmed the Commission’s targeted marketing programs met or exceeded objectives.
Marketing program highlights from the report are as follows:
- The Commission garnered 440.3 million targeted consumer media impressions via advertising in print, outdoor wild postings, audio, in-store radio, digital, custom content, events and retailer programs including social media and videos
- The artisan chef, blogger ambassador, public relations partnerships, California Avocado Month and news bureau programs secured 1.54 billion consumer public relations impressions
- The website recorded 2.6 million visits
- Trade advertising resulted in 19.4 million impressions
- Trade public relations earned 7.6 million impressions
- The Commission secured 21 foodservice chain promotions
- Foodservice public relations programs resulted in 3.7 million impressions
Besides marketing program highlights, the report also includes key information concerning average selling price, crop movement and revenue. The complete 2017-18 Year-end Dashboard report is available online.