Webinar to Discuss California Farmer Response to COVID-19 and Food Assistance Programs
The California State Board of Food and Agricultural is hosting a webinar on August 4 from 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. concerning actions taken by farmers and ranchers to protect farmworkers during COVID-19. In addition, the webinar will discuss updates to food assistance programs in the state.
Invited speakers include:
- Alexandra Allen, Main Street Produce, Inc.
- Amelia Ceja, Ceja Vineyards
- Bruce Rominger, Rominger Brothers Farms
- Joe Del Bosque, Del Bosque Farms
- Milton O’Haire, Stanislaus County Agricultural Commissioner
- Steve Linkhart, California Association of Food Banks
- Steve Brazeel, Sun Terra Produce
- Brian Kaiser, California Department of Social Services
Those interested in attending the webinar can sign up online. The webinar ID is: 444-407-955.
California avocado growers are encouraged to attend the webinar as it may provide key information and new solutions that can help growers meet the challenges of protecting farmworkers during the pandemic.