Virtual Avocado Field Day Videos Available Online
As part of the California Avocado Growers Seminar Series, a virtual avocado field day seminar entitled “Zooming to Healthier Trees and Soils” was held on April 14. Videos from this informative event are now available online.
Below are links to the presentations by the key speakers:
- Pruning strategies for optimum yield and quality — Gabriel Filipe, Senior Director of California Sourcing and Farming, Mission Produce
- Trialing new rootstock varieties —Lauren Garner, Professor of Horticulture, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Scouting for pests and updates on biological pest control —David Headrick, Professor of Entomology, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Building berms for hillside orchards —Johnny Rosecrans, Senior Farm Technician, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Cover crops and soil health — Charlotte Decock, Assistant Professor of Soil Science, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
A complete YouTube playlist of the video presentations is available, as well as the complete “Zooming to Healthier Trees and Soils” webinar recording and responses to the questions posted during the virtual session.