Upcoming Produce Safety Rule Online Grower Training Sessions
According to the Food Safety Modernization Act’s Produce Safety Rule (PSR), at least one supervisor or responsible party from a farm must complete a Food and Drug Administration-approved food safety training session. The College of the Sequoias (COS) Training Resource Center is offering a series of online PSR training sessions to members of the specialty crop industry for a $10 fee.
The training runs approximately seven hours and include the following sessions:
- Introduction to produce safety
- Worker health, hygiene and training
- Soil amendments
- Wildlife, domesticated animals and land use
- Agricultural water
- Postharvest handling and sanitation
- Developing a farm food safety plan
Registration is now open for the September 23 session that will take place from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The deadline to register is September 7. Course materials will be shipped to registrants.
All sessions will be held via Zoom. Registrants will need a webcam and a microphone in order to participate.
Additional PSR training sessions will be held as noted below. Registration for these sessions is not yet available, but interested growers can visit the COS training page for more details.
- October 8 session — deadline to register is September 21
- November 3 session — deadline to register is October 16
- December 8 session — deadline to register is November 17