Spring 2019 From the Grove Issue Available Online
The Spring 2019 issue of From the Grove is now available on the California avocado grower website.
Highlights from the issue include:
- A message from the California Avocado Commission President and Chairman concerning discussions about raising the Hass Avocado Board rebate in light of burgeoning Hass avocado volumes in the U.S. in order to provide the Commission and importer associations with more assessment dollars by which to promote their own brands
- A high-level guide to setting up an online account with the California Avocado Decision Support Tools System
- A synopsis of the Commission’s pre-season trade marketing preparation and planned media buys and partnerships to drive value in a tight crop year
- A preview of consumer advertising at the start of the California avocado season
- An inside look at the Commission’s Registered Dietitian Nutritionist partnerships
- A tour of the recent updates made to the CaliforniaAvocado.com trade and media portions of the website
- Updates concerning Produce Safety Alliance training sessions, CAC-secured MAP funding, the Central Coast Ag Order 4.0 and recent Commission visits with legislators in Washington, D.C.
- Optimal pruning practices and irrigation management to maximize fruiting potential
- The 2019 pre-season California avocado crop estimate
- Instructions for applying ProGibb LV Plus® plant growth regulator to California avocado groves
- A portrait of the McGuire family’s California avocado grower history
- Handlers’ insights and expectations concerning the upcoming spring/summer California season