San Diego Farm to Fork Celebration
The San Diego Farm to Fork Week celebration will take place from September 9 – 16. The event celebrates local farmers, ranchers and fishermen and the chefs, restaurants, wineries and bars that support local agriculture by sourcing local ingredients. The event kicks off on Sunday, September 9 at the Tuna Harbor Dockside Market. Throughout the week, participating restaurants will showcase local produce suppliers and offer dining discounts and specials.
Other events include:
- September 10 — Farm Tour and Cooking Class at Dickinson Farm
- September 11 - “Shop Talk” – Farmer, Chef, Industry Mixer at BAR by Red Door
- September 12 - Oceanside Farm and Happy Hour Tour, Epicurean San Diego
- September 14 - North Park Thursday Market Farmer Chat and Chef Demo
- September 15 – Good Food Showcase, Leichtag Center, Encinitas
- September 17 – Farm Tour, Lunch and Fish Breakdown at Cyclops Farms, Oceanside
California avocado growers interested in becoming a Farm to Fork San Diego Member can join online and are encouraged to take part in the Farm to Fork Week celebration. Farm to Fork membership for farm members is $52 annually.
California avocado growers are encouraged to share news of the San Diego Farm to Fork Week and build awareness for a movement dedicated to supporting local farms.