San Diego Area Weed Management Seminar
The San Diego Weed Management Area is hosting a free weed management education seminar on June 4 from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. at the San Diego County Operations Center located at 5520 Overland Avenue, San Diego, CA, 92123. The event is designed for anyone interested in land and weed management.
The following topics will be presented as part of the seminar:
- San Diego Weed Management Activities: Early Detection Rapid Response Activities by Agriculture Weights and Measures, Integrated Pest Control Program
- Polyphagous Shot Hole Borer Control Efforts In San Luis Rey River
- Health Risks Of Using Herbicides In Wildlands
- Caltrans Integrated Vegetation Management Program– Managing Roadside/Landscape Vegetation Manually, Biological Control, Cultural and More
- Volunteer Weed Warriors – History And Success Of Volunteers Working In Invasive /Noxious Weed Control,
- Panel Discussion - Questions & Answer Open Session – Weed Management Issues In San Diego County
- Updates - New Laws And Regulations 2018 – County Of San Diego Department Of Agriculture Weights & Measures - Pesticide Regulations Program
Lunch will not be provided, but restaurants are close by and a patio is available for those who prefer to bring their own meal.
A complete agenda and registration form are available online. For more information, contact Chris McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Martinez at Mark.Martinez@sdcounty.ca.gov or Craig Lawson at Craig.Lawson@sdcounty.ca.gov.