Pandemic Response and Safety Grant Program to Begin Accepting Applications
The U.S. Department of Agriculture has made $650 million in funds available for the Pandemic Response and Safety Grant program. This program will provide financial assistance to small businesses in certain commodity areas, including specialty crop producers, as well as distributors. The minimum funding request is $1,500 and the maximum is $20,000. Applications will be accepted beginning September 23, 2021 and will end November 8, 2021.
The funds are designated for businesses significantly impacted by COVID-19 who may not have received significant federal support for the costs incurred to keep workers safe during the pandemic. Funds will be issued for COVID-19-related costs incurred between January 27, 2020 and December 31, 2021. Grants will cover activities associated with:
- Workplace safety measures — includes personal protective equipment, thermometers, cleaning supplies, sanitizer, hand washing stations, installation and purchase of air filters and new signage
- Market pivots — includes developing and implementing online platforms and print materials to communicate
- Retrofitting facilities — includes installation and purchase of protective barriers, walk up windows, heat lamps/heaters, fans, propane, tents, tables, chairs, lighting, weights
- Transportation — includes costs to secure additional transportation for workers and new delivery routes/distribution services
- Worker housing — includes securing additional housing resources/services to maintain social distancing and quarantining
- Medical costs — includes costs associated with offering or enabling vaccinations, testing or treatment of infected employees, including paid leave due to COVID infection
Applicants will need to obtain a DUNS Number for Dun & Bradstreet prior to applying for the program. Interested applicants should visit https://usda-prs.grantsolutions.gov/usda for complete information and to check their eligibility, secure a DUNS number and apply.