Online Manual Provides COVID-19 Guidance for California’s Agriculture Industry
The California Department of Public Health, California Department of Food and Agriculture and California Department of Industrial Relations have released the COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Agriculture and Livestock manual online. The document provides guidance to help employers provide a safe environment during the COVID-19 pandemic. The online manual is presented in an easy-to-read bulleted format that includes direct links to additional online resources.
Highlights from the document include:
- Best practices in forming a work-specific COVID-19 prevention plan
- Important topics to share with employees concerning COVID-19 symptoms, risks, prevention, social distancing, face coverings and programs that support workers’ sick leave and compensation for COVID-19
- Recommended employee screening measures
- Cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Physical distancing guidelines and how they can best be implemented