Nitrogen Management Documents Available for California Avocado Growers
The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources has a variety of nitrogen management publications available on its California Institute for Water Resources webpage. The publications can assist California avocado growers in complying with state regulations for tracking and reporting nitrogen fertilizers applied to their groves to help prevent nitrogen from leaching into groundwater.
Publications of interest to California avocado growers are noted below, as well as highlighted topics from the reports.
- Impact of excessive irrigation on fertilization and leaching
- Understanding and evaluating irrigation efficiency
- Measuring irrigation distribution uniformity
- Determining irrigation frequency and duration
- Taking into consideration nitrate-nitrogen in water supplies
- Delivering nitrogen fertilizers via an irrigation system
- Salinity control
- Supply and availability of nitrogen in agricultural systems
- Nitrogen management
- Right rate, time, placement and source — the principles of fertilizer management