New Website Provides Employers with COVID-19 Compliance Assistance
The California Department of Industrial Relations and the Labor and Workforce Development Agency have launched a “Safer at Work” website that contains comprehensive COVID-19-related resources for employers.
One of the key features of the site is the “COVID-19 Employer Portal.” Upon entering their business type, county of operation and indicating what compliance practices an organization has in place employers will be provided with COVID guidance and resources specific to their business.
The site also provides information concerning:
- COVID training and resources
- Cal/OSHA’s emergency temporary standards
- What to do if an employee is sick, or has been exposed to, COVID
- How to identify COVID symptoms
- COVID testing
- Contact information for Cal/OSHA, the Labor Commissioner’s Office and workers’ compensation and sick leave information lines