Index Fresh Offering Farm Labor Seminar
California avocado growers are welcome to attend Index Fresh’s Farm Labor Seminars. The seminars will be offered on three different dates and in three different locations to accommodate growers.
- March 18, 9:00 a.m., Embassy Suites. 333 Madonna Rd., San Luis Obispo
- March 19, 9:00 a.m., Homewood Suites. 1950 Solar Dr., Oxnard
- March 20, 9:00 a.m., Pala Mesa. 2001 Old Highway 395, Fallbrook
The seminars will cover a wide range of labor-related topics of interest to growers, including:
- Legislative issues
- Demographic trends
- Industries that compete for labor with agriculture
- Challenges to farm labor contractors
- Challenges for farm laborers
The list of speakers includes:
- Bryan Little, Farm Employer Labor Service, Sacramento
- Sal Dominguez, Total Labor Force, Santa Paula (San Luis and Oxnard presentations)
- Tony Aviña, A&A Harvesting, Fallbrook (Fallbrook presentation)
- Domingo Atilano
To RSVP for the event, please contact Susan Soto at 909.877.1577.
For growers unable to attend the seminars, please note that the Fallbrook seminar will be video recorded and made available on the Index Fresh website. CAC will make an announcement once the video is available.