Hit the Beach and Enjoy California Avocados at the Popup on the Pier Event
Fans of Smorgasburg LA, the year-round Sunday market in Downtown Los Angeles that features food from some of the city’s most exciting vendors, will have the opportunity to taste the best of Smorgasburg LA on Westside turf — at the Santa Monica Pier. The second annual Popup on the Pier event will include more than 70 food vendors, as well as unique shopping opportunities
While at the pier, fans of California avocados can satisfy their cravings with a wide variety of California avocado treats ranging from crisp salads and warm dumplings to refreshing smoothies and lattes. The California Avocado Commission’s (CAC) partner vendors will serve:
- Raclette with California Avocado at Cheezus
- California Avocado Stuffed Scallion Pancake at Chinese Laundry
- Dukkah Crusted California Avocado Paratha Taco at Goa Taco
- Iced California Avocado Matcha Latte at Offshore Tea
- Nashville Hot Fried California Avocado at Rooster Republic
- California Avocado Spicy Crab Salad at Sticky Rice on Wheels
- Sweet Plantain Canoe with California Avocado Ceviche at The Ricans
- Serio Smoothie with California Avocado at Todo Verde
- California Avocado Halo Halo at Wanderlust
- California Avocado Mandu at Workaholic
As a sponsor of the event, the Commission will have the opportunity to connect with highly influential super foodies in a beautiful location and showcase fresh California avocado dishes that demonstrate the versatility of the fruit. The Commission’s custom branded photo booth also will give fans the chance to capture some of their favorite beachside moments.
Throughout the event, Tastemade will capture photos and footage of fans and the custom California avocado dishes. The footage will be used in videos and shared with California avocado fans on Tastemade’s Facebook and Instagram social media channels.
California avocado growers are encouraged to attend Popup on the Pier to enjoy the sunshine, surf and their favorite Golden State fruit. The event will take place on March 10 from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. in the area just east of Pacific Park, behind the carousel and Rusty’s Surf Ranch. There is no charge for admission to this family-friendly event; food will be for sale throughout the venue.