Grower Response Needed for San Diego County Crop Report
San Diego County avocado growers are encouraged to complete the 2018 Crop Report Questionnaire they received in the mail in December 2018. The survey covers crops grown, yield and gross value. Responses remain confidential and are used solely to compile relevant statistics for the Crop Report published by the San Diego County Agricultural Commissioner’s office.
Data from the report helps San Diego County identify the region’s top 10 crops, new and emerging crop trends, overall value of agriculture in the county and a statewide ranking in production of similar crops. This data also is used to:
- Determine the county’s rank as an agricultural producer in California and across the nation
- Help elected officials make policy decisions
- Educate the public about the importance of agriculture to the local economy and environment
- Determine financial assistance in the event of disasters
- Help lending institutions and government agencies make farm loan decisions
The deadline to submit the survey is February 28, 2019. If you did not receive a questionnaire in the mail, growers can download a copy or send an email to Porfirio.Mancillas@sdcounty.ca.gov. Completed questionnaires can be faxed to 858.467.9697, emailed to Porfirio.Mancillas@sdcounty.ca.gov or mailed to Agriculture, Weights and Measures, 9325 Hazard Way, San Diego, CA, 92123.