Free Virtual Panel Discussion on the Benefits of Cover Crops
The Resource Conservation District of San Diego County is hosting a free virtual panel discussion entitled, “Protecting Orchards with Cover Crops” on July 21 from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Dr. Ben Faber, UCCE subtropical crop advisor
- Dr. Margaret Smither-Kopperl, plant materials center manager, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Red Dufour, western regional director, National Center for Appropriate Technology
- Joel Kramer, regional agricultural specialist, RCD of Greater San Diego County
The agricultural advisors will share research concerning how cover crops can:
- Improve pollination, erosion control and nitrogen fixation
- Boost orchard productivity
- Help adapt orchards to heat waves and drought
For more information, contact Joel Kramer at email@example.com or 619.562.0096 ext. 103.