Celebrate Hass Avocados in La Habra Heights — the Birthplace of Hass
California avocado fans are encouraged to celebrate Hass avocados at the La Habra Heights Avocado Festival. La Habra Heights is the home of the Hass avocado, which was “born” in 1926 on a small nearby grove owned by Rudolph and Elizabeth Hass.
The festival will take place Saturday, May 18 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at The Park, located at 1885 Hacienda Road.
The California Avocado Commission will participate in this family-friendly festival, which includes:
- All-day Kids’ Grove activities such as face painting, avocado derby races, cake walk, arts and crafts, and avocado toss
- A petting zoo and pony rides
- Avocado woodworking
- Cooking-with-avocado sessions
- Avocado piñatas
- Information booths about avocado varieties
- Grafted avocado trees for sale
- Guacamole and food contests
- Historical exhibits
- Artists, artisans and vendors