CAS Shares Helpful Seminar Materials for Growers
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the California Avocado Society (CAS) had to cancel its April Avocado Grower Meetings Field Day seminar. To ensure California avocado growers have access to the helpful tools and information that would have been presented at the seminar, CAS has released a document summarizing the presentations for this seminar.
The document includes summaries of the following topics.
- Planting Density: Tim Spann, California Avocado Commission
- Pruning: Gary Bender, Sonia Rios, UCCE; Gabe Felipe, Mission Produce
- Avocado Root Rot Identification: Ben Faber, UCCE
- Avocado Varieties and What Is Coming for the Future: Mary Lu Arpaia, Peggy Mauk, Eric Focht and Rodrigo Iturrieta, UC Riverside
- UCR Advanced Rootstocks: Patricia Manosalva, UC Riverside
- Monitoring Pests and Beneficials: Enrico Ferro, Tom Roberts, Jane Delahoyde, Jim Davis
- Healthy Soils Program: Esther Mosase of UCCE; Lance Andersen of Mission RCD; Jamie Whiteford of Ventura RCD; Claire Balint of Cal Poly; Mary Matava of El Corazon Compost
- Cover Cropping in Avocado Orchards, Alli Fish, UCCE