California Weed Science Society Hosts Virtual Annual Conference
The California Weed Science Society will host a virtual conference that allows interested parties to engage in continuing education opportunities from January 25 – February 26, 2021. A total of 13 hours of current and relevant presentations and CEU credits are available at a reduced registration cost.
The online courses will include the following topic sessions that may be of interest to California avocado growers:
- Laws and regulations — includes presentations concerning pesticide research authorization, common pesticide use violations, respiratory protection, safe pesticide storage/transport and disposal, chemical resistant glove selection
- Weed school: adjuvants update — covers a range of topics concerning the use and application of adjuvants, the importance of water quality on herbicidal efficacy and minimizing herbicide drift with surfactants
- Forestry, range and natural areas sessions — including a presentation on prescribed fires
- Tree and vine session — includes a session on herbicide resistance, weed management in avocados and grower application considerations on tough orchard weed species
- Aquatics session — includes a session concerning the mitigation of groundwater contamination
- Roadsites, utilities and industrial sites session — includes two wildfire management sessions
A complete CWSS conference program and agenda can be found online. Registration for the CWSS annual conference is now available.