CAC Annual Meeting Presentation Available Online
Presentation materials from the California Avocado Commission 2019 annual meetings are now available online.
Because the Commission is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, the 2019 annual meetings provided attendees with an overview of the Commission’s history — showcasing how the industry has evolved and what is on tap for 2019.
Highlights from the presentation include:
- A review of past and current financials, including budget data, cash flow, reserves in comparison to volume and the assessment rate over time
- An evolution of the marketing program, including California’s changing position in the marketplace, the “rise” of the Hass variety, distribution, defining the targeted consumer and retail partners, and the impact of the internet on marketing tactics
- An overview of industry affairs — the development of AMRIC, industry communications, acreage inventory and crop estimating
- A look at the ever-changing issues facing growers — food safety, sanitary phytosanitary efforts and export markets
- Highlights of the production research program — pest and disease management, breeding and genetics, rootstocks and cultural management